Sunday, November 16, 2008

peeved.

Last night i went to bed pretty late. Not that i wanted to, but it just so happened to turn out that way...
I woke up super early this morning to go check out Ninas church. It was a Russian Christian Orthodox church, and man was it so totally different from the set up at my church. It is so formal and the singing is so ancient. The church itself was gorgeous, but some of the things that were happening during service, it was so organized and scripted. literally scripted. There was a book with the songs in it (with no music notes, just the words). Most of them came from the book of psalms. My feet were killing me by the end of the service because the whole time youre standing up. The sermon was about 3 minutes long, and the rest was all singing, kissing the cross, communion and watching the priest blessing the holy script and what not. It's so crazy to see that even though the people were Gods people, and they were still worshipping the same God...it was just so impersonal for me. But of course thats because this is the first time being exposed to such a service. Good experience though. The only work i got done this weekend was my group project. I understand that people have busy schedules, but i want to get my work done and try my best to put my effort in to the project. Maybe its because i dont want to be mean to the people but this one girl hasnt showed up to one meeting and did practically nothing for the project and yea. Sucks. But whatever, i guess its the price you pay for trying to lead the show. Anyways, i've been knitting =D haha...i just picked it up. I saw that Liz was having a lot of fun with it so i wanted to try it to. One thing that makes me really mad though is, when im napping (which i really dont mind it) the lights are on in my room..but otherwise, my roommate always turns off the light. Seriously i hate sitting in the dark with just my lamp on. It's really annoying. But what can I do. Plus that whole not eating desserts thing was so hard. I caved when i went home and ate that mochi. No more. Today was the last cookie. Starting tomorrow, its back to no more sweets. I cant do it anymore. haha, only once in awhile, but not a continuous day after day thing. BAH. okay time to go do something else instead of blogging. Have a good week guys...oh and

9 more days =D EEP! so excited!!!!

1 comment:

AllyIsleXI said...

you can turn the light off when you're napping....i, at least, don't mind. and sam probably doesn't either. :)

lol

--lexi