Monday, April 14, 2008

35 Degrees and Sunny

Good Morning all!
Last night i went to bed around 9:30 and woke up at 9:15 this morning....
Almost 12 hours of sleep...which was amazing! i woke up really satisfied..I grabbed a HUGE bowl of Kashi cereal(my last two boxes in fact) and scarfed it down. Gosh i love cereal and skim milk. But the truth of it is..im giving it up..i think the amounts of cereal and milk i consume are at an ultimate high of unhealthy. I eat about 5 bowls on average a day. Im addicted, and to stop that addiction i have none left to eat. Its like cigarettes..after that one last box you have...just cant go out and buy more..haha im weird i know..but i cant help my guilty pleasures..NEW YORK-I miss it so much..you dont even understand..This was Jewlies Dorm Room view...amazing right..i wish i could wake up to the city every morning..I guess thats one of the beauties of New York. It wasnt built to be pretty..but just the culture and atmosphere is so loose and unique that everyone has a story of their own inside the city. Everyone walks around with an ipod. Literally Everyone. When i was walking alone on Friday night...i wanted a way to look less touristy just in case someone wanted to scam me..ha who knows..but i looked around and everyone had these white earphones..so i reached inside my purse and grabbed mine out..and started rocking out to the beatles...it was perfect. The music, the surroundings, the noise...i just soaked it in all there at that moment..Central Park..it's everything its made up to be<3 The weather was perfect. Even if i dont end up going to NY for school..i think ill be okay with it. Besides the fact that i totally bombed my audition..im just happy i got to go. I definately needed some R&R. I came home and felt so empty. LIke i had something taken away from me. I guess i really did like the unusual non-comfort level that i had in the City. Everything was so spontaneous and thats just the type of person that i am. Like in Breakfast at Tiffanys when Audreys character was explaining to her ex-husband..."you just cant tame a wild thing". Thats how i feel...my personailty is just something that cant be put on paper. I like new people. I love new environments. I love to laugh, talk, and just sitting on my own..listening to music doing whatever..its just the best feeling in the world.
Now that i did have my amazing weekend get away..its back to being a student here in good ol Michigan. This week is my last official full scheduled filled days of the semester as a Freshman. I must say it was a bumpy ride but i got through it. College is definately a lot better than High School and i did enjoy most of my time this past year. Although my schedule was pretty effed up when it came to classes, work, church, and sleep..i did manage to organize everything out. Next week is the start of Finals. I need to do well...because most of my grades are riding on these exams..so we'll see how prodcutive ill turn out to be. I am already looking forward to Summer. I cant wait until all my friends come home and all the mini-get aways ill have. Not to mention Panama Medical Missions and Mexico Missions. That will be quite an experience for me. Here's a preview of what ill be soaking in: I know theres a lot more to missions..but when i looked at this little boys feet my heart just broke. He played in these shoes..ha theyre barely even foot wear! I guess since i am apart of a socially materialistic world..this kind of image would catch my eye. The spiritual aspect of Missions is beyond amazing to.. I probably have gotton the feeling of being blessed more on missions than i ever have had at a retreat or just on my own Quiet time. I am definately looking forward to being in Panama and helping people along with Mexico. I cant wait.
So most of you have still yet to see my apartment, well here it is...(these were taken back in september, so there is definately a lot added to the place)



Living in my apartment has been really good to me. Some of you may think that it isnt worth it, considering i live in Troy origionally..which is about 15 minutes away...but with my crazy schedule...im so thankful that i did get this place. I have a roommate and she has the master bedroom..with a walk in closet and bathroom attatched...i lost a coin toss which lead me to have outside closet space..an outside bathroom BUT WITH A TUB...and a smaller room..but i am quite content :)
Well thats all for now! hope you guys enjoyed =D

3 comments:

dave said...

hmm...thanks for the tip, i'll have to remember to bring my ipod when i manage to sneak away to new york city. pretty apartment, maybe one day i'll actually get to see the inside of it. welcome to your new blog =)

FeedMK said...

I HEART JANE! Cute HK stuff.

dave said...

definitely! but that means we'll have to see each other [in real life] first in order to grab lunch. lol